According to the data, 75% of clients expect their software projects to fail! Wow… and I thought we had it bad in construction!
What should you do?
Many of the proposed solutions (link) will also resonate for anyone involved with construction projects:
- Improve communication
- Embrace change (both in the project and how it is managed)
- Review the project regularly based on hard data not guesswork
- Create clear requirements and scope
- Have realistic expectations
- Use a great contract administrator or project manager
- Know your why
- Don’t move the goalposts too often
- Invest in your project team (do you want cheap, quick or fast?)
- Under-promise (never over-promise to close the deal).
What are some of your solutions?