Clear communication means that users can understand what they have to do, when they have to do it, and change their behaviour accordingly.
What should you do?
If you want to remove the padding in your communication or in your contracts then you should:
- work out who your reader, audience or user is
- work out why they should they read, listen to you or use your contract
- work out what your purpose is (no purpose means its vanity)
- outline your content and then take a break, before you
- edit what you’ve written
- be happy to lose 50% of any communication to ensure your reader, listener or contract user can spot what’s important
- connect with your reader, audience or contract user – make sure it is about them not you (and your love of quizzes)
- avoid brain-dumping
To hear more from my interview with Eamonn O’Brien follow the link below.